Tuesday, January 03, 2006

The Past is a Foreign Country

It’s all hello’s and so long’s and I’ll see you when and visit then, but no one ever really knows who they’ll ever see again.

Three days left and the attempt to leave my life behind and venture off to create a new one is more difficult and overwhelming than I thought. I don’t want to spend too much time thinking about what I’ve accomplished and what I’ll never be able to finish.

To the guy at the camera store and the one who loved jazz and the dreaded mail that I don’t think will stop any time soon. It will be more vodka sodas at different bars, and the weather report will change, but open hearts (steamed) will remain the same.

I bet Boston looks different driving away than driving in. This city creeps up on you and hits you the way something does that you’ve known for a long time and have only just allowed yourself to realize.

I’m lousy at goodbyes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home