Monday, November 21, 2005

Guy at the Camera Store

She keeps me up. The woman outside in the alley that we call the lobby as if it were a real room to the people who find parts of their lives in the parts that other people have thrown away.

The check out man at the camera store is leafing through a tabloid and I wonder if he’s bought it on his own or if he’s really interested. The guy behind me nudges me in line, I move forward.
Everyone’s interested he says and asks me what my name is and then tells me my pictures were good. Are good. I feel nervous that he looked even though everyone knows that the man who develops looks.

Like I look at the woman outside in the alley that we call the lobby as if it were a real room.


He tries to sell me a photo album and I tell him I’m not a photographer and only photographers should put their pictures on display. Like the three men who bought me drinks on Saturday night but none of them were the right ones. Men or the drinks. More of things I don’t need.

I’m dreading going home. Too much food and too much family and not enough space or time. Time is flying, and the more there is the less there is and I wish I was back on the Vineyard


I’ll be sure to take some more shocking pictures soon so the check out man at the camera store can have a little more fun.

I will take tylenol pm (extra strength) tonight so that the woman in the alley doesn’t keep me up.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home