Monday, September 12, 2005

Weekend Update

The city definitely has more life now that Fall is here. I guess more people signifies more life and with that the ease in which I can navigate the streets decreases. Something about the cold weather and the smell of Autumn in the air makes me want to buy number 2 pencils, crayons and a trapper keeper. I don’t know why that is.

In other news, I fell Friday in perfect Classy fashion, at the end of a meeting at work, of all places. I had arrived 10 minutes late after encountering all sorts of road construction on my walk in, making me choose a different (longer) route. After I got over the embarrassment of walking into a crowded, silent conference room full of my work associates, I took a seat (awkwardly) on the side of the room and tried to hide my red face in my hand.

Two hours later around 11:30 when the meeting wound down and we all stood up to leave, I, naturally, got my foot caught on one of the legs of my chair and tripped, throwing my notepad (full of notes mind you) and barely catching myself on the side of the table, salvaging myself from a full-blown, face-on-the-ground, fall.

Some man asked the dreaded question, "are you okay?" to which I smiled, nodded and said, "yes of course."

I am, after all, used to it.

Friday night Sweet Girl, Cousin and myself went and hung out for a few drinks (and poorly made shots that got us more drunk than we were planning) on a friends roof deck, then made our way up to the Hill to the Squealing Pig for a few drinks. We ran into some friends and sat with the doorman, Peter, who is a really splendid guy and teaches learning impaired children full time.

Saturday was a full day of sports in which the Yankees lost and Agassi won. Saturday night Sweet Girl and I went to Jake Ivory’s on Lansdowne for a friends birthday gathering. Three vodka sodas later I still wasn’t drunk enough for that place to be a good time. A short little Italian man and his friend asked to buy Sweet Girl and I shots, to which we declined, to which he leaned in to my ear and whispered something over-done and semi-offensive that I won’t bother repeating here, in one last attempt to make me talk to him, then left. Suffice it to say I will never go back there again.

Sunday the Yankees won and Agassi lost. I almost cried. At least the Yanks are only three games down, and to my dearly beloved inspiring Andre- there’s always next year.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home